EXP Programming – WHAT is our method?
At EXP we believe in creating a well-rounded athlete. We program not only for competitive CrossFitters but also for those athletes looking for improved overall fitness, weight loss, health and a better quality of life. Regardless of what your goal may be our programming is inclusive to all backgrounds and abilities. After 10+ years of experience working in the health and fitness industry we have found the best possible formula for ones success in fitness. Part of that formula includes an inclusive program for all athletes working side-by-side together towards a common goal, to become better.
We program inclusively for the following types of athletes:
- Overall Fitness: Those looking to increase their quality of life.
- Sports Specific: Those looking to improve performance at their particular sport.
- Competitive CrossFitter: Those looking to compete in the sport of CrossFit.
Our Program methodology is primarily built on a foundation of CrossFit; “high intensity, constantly varied, functional movements??? with the purpose to increase work capacity across broad time and modal domains (Fitness).
We blend CrossFit with our extensive background in traditional strength and condition, sports specific training, injury prevention and corrective exercise selection.
WHO creates our programming?
Head Coach: Nick Normandin
BS Exercise & Sports Science
CrossFit Level 1 certified
CrossFit Specialty Courses include: Endurance, Mobility, Strongman, Gymnastics, Olympic lifting, Rowing, Leadership, Coaches Prep Course
Coaching Credentials: Nick has over 10 years experience working with athletes of all backgrounds, some of his recent coaching credentials include…
- Jessa Lemoine- 2012 CrossFit Games (20th Place) & North East Regionals (3rd Place)
- Tiffany Normandin- 2012 North East Regionals (22nd place) & 2013 North East Regionals (13th Place)
- CrossFit EXP Affiliate Team- 2011 & 2013 North East Regionals
Endurance Background: 8 Years of racing including: Running 5K-Ultra Marathons, Triathlons Sprint-Ironman (100+ races), Road Cycling, Mountain Biking, Obstacle Racing, Masters Swimming.
Coach: Tiffany Normandin
CrossFit Level 1 certified
CrossFit Specialty Courses include: Endurance, Mobility, Strongman, Gymnastics, Olympic lifting and Rowing.
CF Athletic Achievements:
- 3 time Regionals Athlete
- 2011 North East Regionals qualifier (opted out of competing, got married instead :))
- 2012 North East Regionals (22nd place)
- 2013 North East Regionals (13th Place)
- Top 10 finishes in all New England CrossFit Competitions entered since 2010: 2010-2012 Garage Games, Europa Team 2012, Beast of the East 2010 & 2012, Nashua Team 2012 & 2013.
6 WEEK- STRICT STRENGTH VOLUME FOCUS
During the next 6 weeks we will focus our skill/strength sessions on developing our strict strength volume. We will be visiting our main lifts once a week: Bench Press, Back Squat, Deadlift, Front Squat. We will also be adding in strict gymnastics such as pull ups, ring dips and handstand push ups.
Each day the format of the program will look like this:
Gymnastics or Olympic Lift:
Buy-Out: (These are optional and are meant to be done outside of class time for those who are looking to develop their ability further)
Competitor’s Notes: (Additional notes to give focus for those competing in the sport of CrossFit)
WORKOUT Of the DAY:
Bench Press 10.10.10+ Last set go for max reps.
Gymnastics/Olympic Lift: SS w/Bench Press
Strict Pull Ups
Set 1= Max set aiming for 10+
Sets 2 & 3= 80% of max reps
WOD: [ Main Site 6/27/13 ]
2 min Max HSPU
Rest exactly 1 min.
12 min AMRAP:
DB Complex 3×10
Seated Strict Shoulder Press
Bent over Row
Start training session (pre-class) with Muscle-Ups 3-5 sets of max reps (accumulate 10-20 reps.) Go for max set on HSPU and stay strict if possible.
Post scores to comment box below.