Dear EXP Family,
As the Coronavirus situation evolves I want to update you all on where we are at with the gym, classes and our EXP Coronavirus ction plan. As of now our plan is to remain open for classes as long as we are allowed to by the state and federal government. At the same time we will continue to evolve and adapt based upon current and future CDC and DPH guidelines to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep the gym clean and as germ free and safe as possible.So heading into the coming week here is what we will be doing…
- Starting Monday 3/16/20 we will be adding in an at home workout option in SugarWOD for any members who are unable to make it in for classes. If you are doing our at home workouts be sure to log your scores daily to stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
- Gov Baker recently announced that social gatherings (including gyms) be restricted to a maximum of 25 people. So with that we will be capping all classes at 20 members and request that everyone sign in online in advance. We know that there are only a few classes (5:15am, 5:15pm and Sat 8:00am) that frequently exceed that number so we ask that any members who have flexibility in their schedules during this period to please try to come to another class so we can make sure everyone can still get their workouts in. We have set up an online sign up option in our Mindbody schedule so you can access and sign up for classes using the following link…
- We will be limiting all classes to current members only and not allowing guests, drop ins or visitors.
- We have always been a family friendly gym but at this time we need to kindly ask that if you have children that you please not bring them to the gym. Although children are not severely affected by the virus, research shows that they tend to carry the virus and spread it more easily. We also have a cap of 25 people and multiple children would definitely cause us to exceed that. We know this may be a major inconvenience for some and apologize in advance but at this time this is something we must do until this passes.
- Internally we have adopted a “High Touch Point ” Cleaning Protocol that started last week and includes wiping down all door knobs, handles, ipads, bath fixtures and multiple other high volume touch points throughout the lobby and gym. This will be performed multiple times throughout the day by our coaching team in an effort to minimize any potential for transmission.
- We ask that all members keep their gym time to classes only and arrive/depart as close to class time as they can to honor the 25 cap rule.
- Lastly we ask that all members to do their best to keep as much distance from each other as possible and continue to keep the highest level of personal hygiene by washing hands, wiping down all equipment and covering up coughs and sneezes.
We’ll be updating everyone as we go and we’re trying our absolute best to do the right thing, but also keep the gym open and running until otherwise instructed. We appreciate all your understanding, patience and support in these uncertain times.