Hello again. I hope that you were able to try the last recipe, Chicken with Apple, Onion and Cider Sauce. If so, please let me know what you thought, good or bad. If you have not had a spare moment, you can always look in the “Recipes” Category to find anything that I have published.
I know that this time of year is about as crazy as it gets so here is a quick, delicious, and healthy new recipe for you to try. I am sure that the time you have to prepare and cook your dinners is probably less than desirable, but this dinner will not cramp your frenzied shopping and wrapping schedule.
For those of you who wish to turn this into a vegetarian dish, leave out the turkey or beef ….it is also delicious!!
MIDDLE EASTERN STUFFED PEPPERS :
(Recipe courtesy of Women’s Health)
4 Medium Sweet Bell Peppers (any color)
1/2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 c golden raisins
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 c sliced stuffed green olives
1/2 tsp chopped garlic (can use jarred)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground cummin
1 c precooked brown rice, heated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the tops off peppers, removing seeds and white membranes. Place in baking pan.
3. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin on medium heat until meat is slightly pink (3 to 4 minutes). Add raisins and tomato sauce and cook until mixture is hot (about 3 more mintues)
4. Remove skillet from heat and mix in rice and sliced olives. Place equal amounts of the mixture into each pepper and replace tops. Cover pan tightly with foil
5. Bake until peppers are soft (about 15 minutes)
**Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 266 cal, 6g fat (1.8 sat), 39 carbs, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein**