If you have poor joint mobility in any area (and we all do) this not only hinders performance but it also sets you up for injury. Start paying closer attention to the areas that feel tight when you are performing certain movements in class and start to think about those exercises you struggle with getting the hang of no matter how hard you’ve been trying. Once you have some ideas of what needs work (better mobility) then it’s time to get to work.
- Join our Mobility Class Saturdays 10:30-11:00am with Jennifer St. Laurent
- First, talk to one of your EXP coaches to come up with a plan to address those tight areas or frustrating exercises. (Every plan should include at least 10-15 minutes of mobility work daily. Not just EXP days but EVERY day, at home or at the studio).
- Become a student by starting to read and research on your specific issues. The best resource out there for all of us at CrossFit EXP is www.MobilityWOD.com. Each day the blog’s author (Kelly Starrett, aka. “K-Star???) does a quick 5-10 min video on different areas. (don’t worry if you get lost with some of the terms he uses, that’s why you have the best coaching ever (who love to talk mobility) right at your fingertips… ask us, we’re here to help!)
- Show up early for class or stay late and put in that extra 10-15 min before/after each class working on your body’s specific issues.
- We have a variety of mobility tools at the studio (balls, rollers, bands, trigger point kits etc.) so go ahead and experiment to find what works best for you. If you try something that doesn’t produce a better result (either increased range of motion, better performance or simply just feeling better) then try something else, a different tool maybe or a different technique.
You’ll be amazed at how much you will learn about your body and how great you will feel after working out the kinks. Mobility is a HUGE component of what we do at CrossFit EXP and it is the secret ingredient to increased health, performance and vitality. If you’re ready to start living, feeling and performing better here at CrossFit EXP and in the rest of your life then it’s time to Mobilize!
CF EXP November Calendar of Events:
- 11/1-11/8 Halloween Candy Give Back
- 11/3-11/29 Row-Vember
- 11/8 Mobility Class w/Jenn 10-30-11am (Continues every Saturday!)
- 11/3-11/18 Birthday Wishes Toys Drop Off & Donations being accepted
WORKOUT OF THE DAY:
A) 3X3 @ 75% Touch & Go Cleans (full) – rest 90 sec
B) 3X8 Strict Ring Dips – rest 90sec
WOD: [ Weighted Runs ]
1) 2 X 800m Run with 30/20# vest – rest 1:1
L2-2 laps (4min cutoff on run)
L3-2 laps (4min cut off)
2) 2 x 800m Run no wt- rest 1:1
(32 min cap)
Post scores in comments below.